Dual Deck Study for Reflective Practise- Tarot and Lenormand
After a long hiatus, I thought it would be good to start back the reflective practise in tandem with the Lenormand study group. Combining the Tarot and Lenormand is not a novel practise. Esteemed tarot readers have been known to read the Tarot along with Oracle decks. The Lenormand is a perfect stand alone deck- combind with the Tarot, it becomes a powerful insight prompter and offers clarification to the fray areas the Tarot uncovers.
Below, is my reflective draw on the 21/4/2008- I thought to kickstart with 5 card draw for each deck, but the next time it will be minimised to 3 cards per deck, there is a lot of data to process and I want to keep it simple.
Usual no questions- just a draw for guidance- the cards have been given a task to keep it within a small time frame- 3-6 months ish- and what do i need to know..:)
‘ 1 The Magician + 7 Swords + 6 Wands + 10 Pentacles + 3 The Empress’
Images are of the Tarot de Marseille by Fournier for appreciation purposes only
‘ 22 Crossroads + 31 Sun + 16 Stars + 18 Dog + 26 Book’
I do like this part- the analysis is kept simple by matching each Tarot to each Lenormand- that’s also how your mind is fixed when drawing the cards- each Lenormand card is drawn to clarify the corresponding Tarot.
1. 1 The Magician + 22 Crossroads- manifestation or construction power and the conscious effort of making choices or creating opportunities. Crossroad- implies the possibility of options/ get out clause and diplomacy.
2. 7 Swords + 31 Sun- sense of futility, why bother vacillating attitude. but the Sun there promises it isn’t all that bad- eventually the outcome will be a good one when a decision is made or the options become clearer.
3. 6 Wands + 16 Stars- Triumph after strife, love gained- the essence is knowing victory. Victory comes from or denotes new beginnings (stars) which is destined-
4. 10 Pentacles + 18 Dog- prosperity and riches- combined with the Dog- always indicating partnership or companionship- indicating a partnership with someone which is prosperous likely on the material front.
5. 3 The Empress + 26 Book- The empress embraces the concepts of love, beauty, happiness, success etc- combined with the Book which is about education and higher learning/and secrets- promises that the pursuit of education will not be compromised rather be part of the all encompassing values the Empress is representative of.
Synthesis- A man/ someone learned will present choices or opportunities . should be careful as this person can be a trickster and be double talking. So need to exercise caution there. I see the that there will a point where there’ll be questions and wondering about things being hopeless. Neverthelsess the Sun indicates that with drive and optimism- should be able to see through the difficulties.
Triump over struggle- hmm- so yep- after feeling down throdden eventually a sense of achievemnet will ensue- the stars is a bit vague cos it is a new start- but new start where I wonder- this is a mystery to me-new job? new love? new house? can be new anything really-
Then comes the partnership- hmm- seems like a prosperous alliance- with a loyal friend- a partner-this is new!! Finally the culmination is lovely- the empress being a woman who has everything she wants – and also the book indicating unexpected things to be revealed– more excitement!!
Okay- let me know what you think as always input welcomed on such complicated spreads…