Tarot de Marseille- Daily spread with 5 cards
Daily spread has 5 cards drawn from the tarot to represent each topic. I use this when I just can’t seem to work out what question do I want an answer to. More often than not, there are just too many questions in a day one person can handle. So this spread, does the work for you– all you need- some energy to shuffle, bit more to cut the deck, draw 5 cards. When it is Tarot- I just choose 5 fromm the top– it knows what to say, as it did today:
1. Work/s- XIII Death (Water)
2. Home – 3 of Cups (Water)
3. Unexpected – 8 of Cups (Water)
4. Your role – XV11 The Star (Air)
5 Outcome – IV The Emperor (Fire)
I hope this should suffice to show how the spread should look like. I do think thispread does its job.
To start of- I like to get an idea what kind of day it is. Excess of water shows an emotional day, with some/ introspection ( air) and some spurring on activity (fire). So far, quite reflective. 3 Majors turning up– thinking some big teaching points on the offing.
1.Works- 13 Death. Well,, I do think my current job is not as mentally stimulating or exciting. Anyway, it is part of my training so, I have to go through it. It has thought me alot, but it is time for a change- I will soon find out what and where my next training post is- Death promises a transformation- shedding what has served its purpose- it is time to move on- How apt! But this has to wait as I dont change over until August. Perhaps I’ll undergo a realisation of some sort, shed the old skin and put a new one at my work place??? ( I add this because– i received a comment today at work that I may perhaps be a little exuberant for my rather sedate work enviroment– so I was thinking of adopting a rather cut off-less vibrant style of dealing with colleagues-)
2. Home- 3 of cups- celebrations, get together, weddings??? I wonder if this is referring to me informing my family my impending holiday, going back home for a couple of weeks- or rather- a possible significant someone is rejoicing at the idea of me coming back for a short stint– I dont know what this is–it looks good 🙂
3. Unexpected- 8 of Cups- Abandonement. Thats me leaving something which has not served me any good or purpose at all. This me actively walking away from a situation and remaining resolute to my decision. This is actually- true for today– I stuck to my decision– and not looking back–
4. My role- The Star– whenever the star shows up- I think starting over again. Tzaddi symbolises hope after desctruction (note the Tower before). In a way– when all things look bleak- hope creates life again. Well– today looked bleak or rather just blearghh- nevertheless- a promise- leave the past behind- expect a brighter future- The star has a special meaning for me– so aim high and not less–:)
5. Outcome- The emperor- I see the emperor representing the Masculine quality that I admire. Deal with matters rationally and not emotionally-and things should be just fine. I guess did take that comment to heart, made me feel all uncomfortable. If a guy received any negative comments- he just rationalises it- shrugs it of and moves on. Thats what i should do- rationalise- think of a solution- then shrug it of as something of remote interest-
For a daily simple spread- the breakdown can be quite in depth- I love how the tarot just summised the day and also offered advice all in one sitting 🙂
Ps: 3 of cups- I flashed on this – there are 3 parties involved who would be pleased with my holiday back home– a good thing to look forward to after working hard and studying for the exams (which I should make some start at revising ). The day is not over yet..
So, let me know what you guys think- a little diversion from the oracle cards- but change is good ..no?